Wednesday 2 March 2022

This is how you roll, by Amanda H

Hi SC fans!

And welcome to March and a whole new challenge!

You have a sketch for inspiration, plus awesome colours: pinks and blues...

Here is a sneak of my page.....


Inspired by this moodsketch.....


And here is my page!


I used 3 main things to create my own background - colour smooshing, stenciling and stamping!

Here are the products I used: 
* Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Reinker  - in Kitsch Flamingo
Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Ink Pads - in Salty Ocean and Worn Lipstick

Here are some photos of my background being created.

First I added pink to the background - I used a Distress Oxides reinker (Kitsch Flamingo) - This gave me thick coverage as I smooshed the colour to the page with some plastic packaging.

Next I added some stenciling. I used Distress Oxide ink pad (Salty Ocean) and a blending brush through a Dina Wakley stencil (I used the dots design).

I also used the blending brush to add blue to the outer edges of the page.

I also added some stamping. I used Distress Oxide ink pad (Worn Lipstick) and some old Art by Marlene butterfly stamps. Luckily Kylie has in many of her new release stamps including: Art By Marlene Bold & Bright Clear Stamps – Embrace Change with awesome butterflies included.

Of course, adding some water to the page let's you blend some edges and add splatters.


Here are some close ups - I finished with stickers, washi tape, a Charms Creations heart, flowers and some Prima art pebbles.









Thanks for looking! 

Join the challenge too - add your pages to our FB group!

Amanda


 

No comments:

Post a Comment