Saturday 19 March 2022

eat the cake created by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to another creative weekend. I loved pulling out all of my older ephemera last weekend and had a stash buster blue day - so this weekend I am sharing my stash buster pink day. 

I have a few pre- painted pages with smears of paint on them so I have chosen one of those to create with for this layout. The paint was added quite thickly and was left to dry naturally which left some fantastic texture. I have added a Donna Downey Number stencil to this by using some Liquitex Modelling paste.


After quite a bit of paper shuffling I was unhappy with it so the page received a good coat of Liquitex Gesso - it is my 'go to' when things are not working. After applying the gesso roughly to the page I have then used a Distress Crayon in pink and rubbed it over the raised numbers. I used a black pen to draw a square in the middle of the page and smudged that with my fingers. I have also added some plasterers mesh to the page at the bottom left. 

 


A Kaisercraft stamp was used to add various stamping on the page at this time. I have used Ranger Archival Ink to do this.


Now it is time for ephemera. Whenever I think of using pink in my scrapbooking I instantly go to my Heidi Swapp stash as I usually find everything that will accommodate my whims there. On this page I have use a range of stickers and labels - HS Journallers stickers 306, HS Scrapbookers stickers 305, We R Memorykeepers - Typecast Labels. The photos were mounted on some older printed papers - MM garden party and Jenni Bowlin vintage black bookprint. Heidi Swapp photo corner in pink were also added to the photo.

 


I have used the Stamperia mould to create a couple of pieces for this page. The fleur di lis was created by using part of the book plate and the key. Both have had the distress crayon rubbed over them to add the candy pink colour to them.

 


The title was created using American Crafts stickers - Piper. I have then drawn roughly around them with black pen to help acentuate.


I hope you have enjoyed my post this week and have started using up your stash of ephemera - new & old as it all blends beautifully.


Have a fabulously creative weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment