Tuesday 29 March 2022

Get away by Tracey B

 Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I've been MIA for a couple of weeks but I've been without Internet (Thanks Telstra).   

I thought I didn't spend a lot of time online until it wasn't an option - then I really missed it!

This next layout is about how to rescue a page when something doesn't go exactly to plan.


I started with a page of Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss patterned paper, a TCW stencil, some impasto and some very cheap washi tape.


As you can tell my stencil was just a little dirty.   I did know this but thought it was permanent - not so - I finished up with a yellow tinge in my impasto.   OK I thought, I can live with that.

Then my washi tape tore the paper when I was lifting it.

 

OK - can't live with that but rather than throw it away, I used more washi to solved the problem and created a frame.   Plenty of lovely washi in the shop.


I didn't take progress photos but I sprinkled on some Lindy's Magical Shaker (Afternoon Denim Delight) and gave it a spritz with water.

I then scraped through some Light and Fluffy through a rose stencil.   Because the Magicals was still a little wet, the Light and Fluffy was tinged blue - I'm OK with that.

I used a Kaisercraft Floral Circle Frame and die cut some scrap papers and used a Posca pen to colour a Heidi Swapp wood veneer word for my title.




I layered by photo with some Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush patterned paper (Sun Chaser) and a Heidi Swapp jumbo tag.

here's the finished layout.
 



Other products I used include

Distress Ink (Pumis stone)

Grid stamp

Kaisercraft die cut elements

Chipboard buttons

Twine

Heidi Swapp Art Walk stickers

Heidi Swapp Favorite Things Puffy stickers 

Heart paper clip

Rub ons


Happy Crafting
cheers
Tracey





 

No comments:

Post a Comment