Friday 23 April 2021

Memory with Belinda Spencer

Hello Scrapping Clearly peeps!!

It's Belinda here today to share my latest layout for Scrapping Clearly featuring some stunning products from the store.


'Memory'


I started my layout with a sheet of gorgeous patterned paper from the 49 & Market Old School Mini Paper Collection. This is such a cool paper pack that also includes a 12 x 12 sheet of die cuts. The paper I chose is just one sheet even though it looks like a whole bunch of layers stuck together. I love this look so much but it was messing with my head trying to keep my photo straight on the page!! LOL I solved this optical monkey business by placing a metal ruler inside the right hand side and lining my photo up with that. So much easier!

I used the Mini Mosiac Squares 6x6 Stencil from The Crafters Workshop with some black gesso on the background.


Next I wanted to have a play with the brand new Vicki Boutin Colour Study Stamps so I added some of those to my background using Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink


I wanted to make it a little more grungy so I sprayed some Black Marble Dylusions Ink Spray on and let it drip. I also flicked some Heidi Swapp Tea Colour Shine over the top (once the black was dry).



Then I created a stack of papers using some die cuts from the 49 & Market Everyday Artistry Ephemera Stacks (that I had in my stash), a die cut from the Old School Mini Paper Collection, book paper and a torn piece of Heidi Swapp 6x6 die cut paper. I shuffled all the bits around and then stapled them together in the centre before adding to my page. I added some messy black thread on top of the stack.


I stamped some bugs from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Specimen Stamp Set onto some 49 & Market Everyday Artistry paper using the Jet Black ink. I fussy cut each image and slipped in around the photo stack. Then I added my photo.


Finally I added some Mini Metal Stars by Prima, some large black sequins, quote stickers and the title. For the title I used a Heidi Swapp Wood Veneer word that I inked with the Jet Black ink. I used a white Posca Pen to decorate and make the word stand out more. I used the star from the Vicki Boutin stamp set to create star embellishments.

Here's what I used:
49 & MARKET Everyday Artistry Paper & Ephemera Stacks
black gesso
PRIMA Finnabair Mechanicals Mini Stars

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment