Friday 16 April 2021

Brain Freeze with Belinda Spencer

 Hello Scrapping Clearly fans!

It's Belinda here with you today to share my latest layout for Scrapping Clearly inspired by the gorgeous April Mood Board.


The colours in the mood board are so lovely and made me grab out perfectly matched Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio, Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade. The colours reminded me, not only of Easter colours, but ice cream too. That led me to choose a photo of my kids from a couple of years ago (at least) when we used to be able to go out in public safely. We would sometimes walk along the beach, get an ice cream and find a nice spot to sit and eat it. Those times seem so long ago now but I hope we will one day be able to do that again. 


To create my background, I swiped the Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide onto a piece of plastic in a long line. I then spritzed it with water as well as the background Marshmallow heavy weight cardstock. I then pressed the plastic onto the page. I dried it off with a heat gun and then repeated for each colour.


Next I grabbed the Kaisercraft 12x12 Bubbles Template and applied the Distress Oxides using an ink blending tool.


I added some stamping using Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and a quote stamp from a Technique Tuesday Clear Stamp Set. I tore a piece of 6x6 Heidi Swapp Die Cut paper and added that to the page. I cropped some Heidi Swapp patterned paper from a 6x8 Paper Pad, stapled those together and added to the page.


For the next step, I added some more stencilling using a Heidi Swapp stencil with heavy white gesso. The inks were bleeding through the gesso so I used a white Posca Paint Pen over the top to make the hearts whiter. I added some messy black lines around the patterned papers too using a Micron 05 pen.


Finally, I added my photo, all of my embellishments and the title.



Here's what I used:
HEIDI SWAPP Stencil
- Cracked Pistachio
- Picked Raspberry
- Squeezed Lemonade

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I hope you will play along with the mood board this month too.

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment