Saturday 24 April 2021

Fabulous day by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to another weekend to get your creativeness out and onto paper. I was feeling a little stagnant over the past couple of weeks so when I was on holidays I just prepped a lot of white cardstock with random backgrounds. Todays share comes from one of those backgrounds I created whilst on holidays - limited art goodies and a tiny coffee table were all I had to create on - I did sneak the minc in though which helped inspire me to come up with this colour combo.

Firstly I brayered Dina Wakley Penny acrylic paint onto the background and whilst still damp layered a 12x12 stencil on to that which I used a damp wipe to rub off some of the paint. It became one of "those mistakes". As I lifted the stencil it started to rip the paper as the paint had dried considerably fast. I have then added the stencil again once the paint was completely dry and used Liquitex light modelling paste with it. I was really happy with the texture these two steps had achieved.

 

I created a border for the photo using my sewing machine & black stitching. I have also done the same thing around the outside.


The silhouette machine was used to cut out some leaves and to these I have added Minc foil in Irridescent Teal. 

I have also embellished around the photo using embelllishments using Prima latex moulds. I have coloured the bee by using alcohol inks in butterscotch, terracotta & pearl. The remainder of the embellishments were then coloured by using the Prima Art Alchemy waxes in old silver & rich copper and rubbing them over the item.

 I have then used some muslin under the photo to help soften the page and link it to the page.
The page was finished off with Heidi Swapp epoxy words to create the title.


A nice simple layout with lots of shimmer to hold a lot of fabulous memories.



I hope you are having an extremely creative start to your weekend. If you are looking to do a bit of shopping don't forget to pop into the shop as Kylie has a little bit of a sale on at the moment - you can check out the facebook page for more details.

tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment