Sunday 18 April 2021

A bit of Whimsy - by Emma Zappone

 Hello SC friends.
Emma with you today on the blog.๐Ÿ˜
The project shared today was inspired by this months mood board.
Beautiful soft pastel tones to play with.



Soft pastel colours are not always easy for me to play with, but this board is just scrumptious.
I already had papers in my stash I could play with and I knew I really wanted to use the Aall & Create Lotus Clusters stamp set. So I stamped a couple of the images onto the papers I had chosen which complimented the board perfectly, and fussy cut them out. 


For the background work after priming my paper with clear Gesso I smooshed 2 Distress Oxides - Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade, these pulled the colours from the already coloured background out. I then added 2 Dylusions acrylic paints - Rose Quartz and Island Parrot with a palette knife over the background to add more colour and visual interest.


The acrylics were a bit on the bright side so I muted them with White Linen to create more of the pastel tone. Next to create more texture, with modelling paste I added a layer using Stampers Anonymous stencil mini set, then with the same lotus cluster stamps I added them to my background along with a few of Tim Holtz Field Notes stamp set.



Once happy with the stamping and all layers were dry, I built my paper layers up. Adding those fussy cut stamped lotus flowers in amongst the tag layers. A nice big resin and some large glass domes to reference the photo this layout was complete. 

I love it when a project comes together easily and feels good.

I hope I have inspired you a little.
If you have yet to play with this board, maybe now is the time.๐Ÿ˜‰

Catch you all again soon.
Em xx









No comments:

Post a Comment