Friday 12 February 2021

Real Life...with Belinda Spencer

 Hello Scrapping Clearly fans!!

It's Belinda here with you today to share my latest layout inspired by the fabulous February Moodboard Challenge.

I must not have gotten the theme of the Australia Day Cybercrop out of my system because I decided to use a photo of my farm for this layout. Either that or I printed a LOT of photos for the cybercrop!! LOL


Here's a peek at the moodboard:

I really loved the combination of neutrals with black and gold and that image of the bee so I tried to incorporate all of these into my layout.

I tried to be clever and mix my own black concentrated watercolour using the primaries. It turned out awesome...on white paper but when I applied it to this coloured cardstock it looked too red so I sprayed over the top with Black Marble Dylusions Ink Spray. I spritzed it with water and played around with tilting the page and moving it about with a paintbrush. I flicked some droplets over the page too.

My initial plan was to stamp some bugs from the Tim Holtz Specimens Stamp Set on my background but as you can see the one that I stamped didn't stand out from the black background enough so I scrapped that idea. Let's just ignore that stamp fail shall we?!! You can see my solution coming up shortly.


I don't know about you but I love to hoard the papers that Kylie kindly sends in those beautiful gold parcels. I finally got to use some on this layout!! YAY!! I tore some strips from black and gold tissue papers and applied them to the background using Matte Medium Gel. Then I set the layout aside to dry.


Then because I am totally addicted to the absolutely fabulous Vintage Gold Icing Paste, I applied that over a Vicki Boutin Wild Soul Stencil.


Let's just take a moment to swoon over that sheen!! How good is it?!!


I applied the Icing Paste over the two chipboard pieces by ScrapFX and added those to the layout along with some chipboard stickers.


I added my paper stack and my photo as well as the title and another chipboard sticker.


Finally I added all remaining embellishments and a bit more stamping. You can see my solution to the stamp fail here. I simply stamped a couple of winged bugs on matching cardstock, fussy cut and added over the original stamp. To balance the layout, I added another cute bug at the bottom right of the photo too.






Here's what I used:
HEIDI SWAPP Storyline 12 x 12 Project Pad - patterned paper

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I hope you are feeling inspired to have a go at the moodboard too. Happy FriYAY and have a great weekend.

Cheers
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment