Tuesday 23 February 2021

Ugh! by Tracey B

 Hi everyone and happy crafting Tuesday.

Here's a sneak of a layout I created inspired again by this month's moodboard.


I don't know about you but I hate wasting supplies.... so whenever I have any left over product I add it to some paper or cardstock.   I usually have three or four of these going at the same time so depending on the colour, I can add it to a suitable piece.   As a result I often have the basis for a page without having to think about it!

That is how I started this layout.

It already had some Dina Wakley acrylic paint (Gilt) mixed with some impasto and scrapped through a Tim Holtz stencil.   I then had sprtitzed the stencil with water and stamped that onto the cardstock.

I then added some stamping using Viva Las Vegas Stamps with Memento Black ink and Wendy Vecchi Archival ink in Fern green. 

I then added some Liquitex Ink (transparent raw sienna) by rolling it on with a brayer.

 

I coated some chipboard from my stash with gesso and then sponged on some Distress inks (Black soot, Rusty Hinge & Crushed Olive) and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide and splashed with some drops of water.

Because the inks looked quite muted I gave them a coat of Crystal Effects for some shine and when still wet added some fibers so the Crystal Effects acted as a glue.   




The gorgeous gold fibers were left over from a class run by 13@arts Aida Domisiewicz for Scrapping Clearly.

I embossed some chipboard from my stash and added a couple of spiders (didn't have any bees so I went with spiders instead!   I love how a moodboard can take you in lots of different directions.)

Here's the finished layout



Still plenty of time to enter this month's challenge so why not give it a go!

cheers
Tracey




No comments:

Post a Comment