Saturday 6 February 2021

Bucket List - butterflies by Tracey Thorne

 Good morning fellow creatives I hope you are having a great weekend and thank you for popping on to the blog to have a look at my OTP project. With last weeks Cybercrop I was going to create this little tray as my bucket list entry - I had a hectic week and unfortunately only just finished it this week. 

I have used a small timber box tray that held some timber embellishments but you could also use one of the Tim Holtz divided trays to achieve the same as I have.

Firstly I have used gesso to prime the tray before using Vicki Boutin Storyteller - a Cherry on Top paper to layer into the sections. After layering the papers I added more texture to the inside edges of the box by adding Texture paste. I added Distress inks to fill in the gaps around the papers with colour. The black edges were added by using an ALLS pencil.

  

I toned down the vibrancy by adding more gesso to the individual papers and then wiping out the excess with a cloth. I reapplied a little of the Distress again on the inside edges.


I printed and cut out some butterflies and worked out placement before gluing them on. I have then chosen some older rub ons from my scrap stash and used those in a few of the squares. I found some cute little metal embellishments to compliment a couple of the little alcoves and have also added a few Tim Holtz idea-ology sentiment stickers.

 


I printed the butterflies onto matte photo paper and have sealed them using Liquitex Matte Gel medium which has given them quite a robust form.



I hope you like my something a little different this week. I guess visiting a butterfly farm is probably not on everyone's bucket list - but I am hoping to get there one day as I find it intriguing.


Thanks again for popping in and have a great weekend 

Tracey 
xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment