Friday 1 November 2019

"Made with Heart...."

Hey Hey it's Art Journal Friday at last! 
Todays' page is an experimental one as I wanted to try out 13arts Magic Powder so had no idea what I was doing really.
So here is the page I ended up with:

"Made with Heart....."


The page started off multi coloured with Dina Wakley Paint in Fuchsia, Sky, Eggplant & Marine.
I then stamped randomly with Stazon Ink Jet Black 
This made a very busy background, but I continued on.


I mixed the 13arts Magic Powder with some cheap Gold metallic paint that I had in my stash. This paint was super thin and somewhat transparent so I wanted to use it up as it was not much good for anything else. The mix made the paint more opaque and heaps thicker....almost like a texture paste.

 

I then used the home made paste through a stencil randomly all over the page....yep this made a red hot mess of a page believe me! I then patiently waited for the paste to dry naturally. 


I painted the page black except for 5 circles of various sizes.
I then cut out hearts and used the same stamp to add pattern and added colour using the same paint as I used on the background.


I then doodled around the circles and hearts with White & Black Posca Pens , glued down the hearts and added a sentiment to bring it all together....a far cry from the mess that it started to be.
I then wanted to highlight the embossed look of the black paint over the paste so added some Inca Gold Metallic Wax: Yellow Gold lightly with my finger. 
Lastly I added a few splashes of Gold and Silver with Shimmer sprays.
And that is the story of this page! 

Items used:
The Crafters Workshop Stencil: "Love Frame"
Dina Wakley Paint: Fuchsia, Sky, Eggplant, Marine, Black & White
Gold Metallic Paint
Scrap FX Transparency

Till we meet again next Friday, everyone stay inspired!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment