Friday 8 November 2019

"Seek.." art journal by Michelle

Welcome everybody to my Friday art Journal post.
This time I have created in my Dylusions Flip Journal, so without further ado here is the page:

"SEEK...."


This page came together very quickly as I had already done the background using left over paint from other projects. 
 I had used Dina Wakleys' paint in Sky, Cheddar, Marine, Eggplant and White in the background. 
So I needed to bring all the colours together. The easiest way to create this cohesion is to use a neutral colour paint and the wipe away method through a stencil, I picked Dina's Squovals Stencil.


All that was left to do was create a focal point and Dinas Collage Paper Vintage & Sketches fits the bill perfectly, just use Gel Medium to attach it seamlessly to the page...you cannot get much easier than that!


I still thought it needed more, (seeing the page in this journal is quite long), there was a lot of empty space. 
So I loosely traced out the 2 faces through Dina's Scribbly Face Stencil  and added a few of my own scribbles. I then added the black details and used the wipe away method again this time through another of Dinas' older but fab stencils called Esstentials (I think). 


I then added a few marks with various coloured Posca Pens, including lots of scribbles and some shading using my trusty Stabilo pencil.


Lastly I needed a title. I have had these Tim Holtz Quote Chips for ever, so now was the time to use one of them. I just split the cardboard and peeled it of as I did not want to create bulk then glued it down.
And then I was done! Here are all the bits and pieces I used from the store:

Dina Wakleys' paint Sky, Cheddar, Marine, Eggplant, Black &White.
Dina Wakley Essentials stencil

Thanks so much for dropping by, hope I have inspired you to get messy!

Michelle. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment