Friday 15 November 2019

"Oops..."

Hey all, yes it's Friday, and I am back to share a really simple page
I used mostly Dina Wakley products to create this, purely unintentional but it just happened that way!
So here it is:

"Oops..."



 As with all the pages in this journal this page came together super quick, I just love this size to just play around and have fun.
In the background I used Dina Wakley paint colours in Ruby, Cheddar, Lemon, Turquoise and white. 


To create the background I used a layering process using the paint and flicks of water.
The first layer was a combo of Cheddar and Lemon. I dried this layer completely, then added a Ruby layer and flicked water on top in places while the paint was still wet. I then dried most of the red layer and wiped the splashes of water that hadn't dried up leaving behind puddles of the under colour to shine through. I then added a turquoise layer using the water flick and wipe away method again, and lastly same again with a white layer, and I got the look I was wanting. 
I love the organic random nature of this technique.
You can keep adding as many layers as you want! 


When everything was dry I added some random background script using the Entomology stamp by Tim Holtz and Archival ink in Jet Black. 
For the focal point image I used Dina Wakley Stamp: "Oops Oh Well" and some book paper and adhered it to the page with Matte Gel Medium, while it was  drying I also used the edge of the same stamp to add some scribbles around the page. I then added a title from the same stamp set, but stamped onto tissue and used the medium again to get in on the page.


I then added some marks using Posca Paint Markers in Black and Red, and the page was complete.

Items used:

Archival ink in Jet Black.
Book paper

And that is me for the day, hope you give the background technique a try, it turns out awesome with very little effort or skill!
Till next week, 

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment