Wednesday 9 February 2022

"Today" by Amanda Hartmann

Dear SC fans!

Whenever I am stuck with things to create, I go small. To tags, journal pages, anything that is a small and non-overwhelming surface. Plus it is a great way to play with new stuff or rediscover old stuff (which we all have plenty of)

Today I share a page in my old vintage book.


Step 1. Open to any page and gesso  over the entire page.



Step 2. Choose some Acrylic paints and get your old store card ready. What are your faves? My go to are Dina Wakley paints.


Step 3. Swipe paint on the page.


Step 4. Spray the page with water and wipe some paint back with paper towel.


Step 5. Add stamping. C'mon - dig through your stash and find a stamp you have not used in while!


Step 6. Add more colour with watercolours. My go to are Tim Holtz Distress Oxides. I press ink onto my mat, wet and use a brush to paint and splatter around. I used Tumbled Glass first.


Step 7. Stamp a title. I LOVE these Heidi Swapp Old School Alpha stamps


Step 8. Add another layer of colour with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides. This time I used Faded Jeans


I used similar techniques to create the tag, which was simple to attached to page to finish it off, with some diecuts, gauze and stickers.




Thanks for stopping by today!

Amanda


 

2 comments: