Saturday 12 February 2022

Father's Daughter created by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to another weekend blog post and a little more sharing of the current February Moodboard. Browns are not an easy palette to create with when they stand alone so I hope this 12 x 12 Layout will help inspire you to give the palette a go... you just never know how your next memory & masterpiece will be best displayed.


I had a bit of a day yesterday creating some embellishments using a Stamperia MaxiMould. They are lots of fun to use but can also be costly if you only want them for one or two projects. If you love the idea of using pieces like this on your page but don't want the cost of a mould Kylie has pre-made resin pieces using various moulds that can be purchased from the shop - you can check them out over here -

  RESIN


My 12x12 layout was started with a base of white cardstock and to that I have added inks using the kiss method - Tsukineko Walnut Ink, Adirondack ColourWash Espresso and Seth Apter Izink Coffee ink


After trimming down my photo and drawing a black border just on the inside of the edge I have then created a paper stack to enhance my photo. I've used a Carrabelle stamp - Blooms and Circles pattern & Ranger Archival black ink to stamp on some tissue paper and add to the layers. I have decided on the Studio Calico range - Classic Calico and Pink Paislee - 07 and Citrus Bliss Sour. After working the layers and creating some punched cirlces with the Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss sour I adhered them with foam tape and double sided adhesive. I have used the Tim Holtz stamp - Fragments to add more brown to the layout and stamping with some Ranger Archival Coffee Ink

 


I decided on the Stamperia Mould elements that did not quite work for me and the Finnabair Decor Moulds. The frames by Finnabair I have left white and sealed them with a little Liquitex Matte Gel. At the end after placement I used a little of the Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Wax in Rich Copper to lightly rub over. Other elements I have painted using Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint in Soft Satin and then a light rub over with the Rich Copper the same as the white elements.

 

I have added a little stencilling also - I have used Liquitex Light Modelling Paste in various places through a Finnabair stencil - Swirly Florals . I have also added a little black Adirondak ink to the page through a Finnabair stencil - Gothic - one of my favourite font stencils. 

 

After a lot of paper shuffling and Mould shuffling I set them in place with some glue. I have added a little fabric muslin and some black cotton under some of the layers and the photo. I have inked the edge of the cardstock with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye. I have then come back to the outer edge and chosen a different stamp from the Tim Holtz Fragments range to create a border. A few brads from my stash of Kaisercraft embellishments help finish off the layout before adding the title using American Thickers.

 

The finished layout ended like this and I must say I am loving the final look...the resin moulds are amazing and take to the colours so well.... I am in love with my Finnabair stencils too ... 
Have fun creating with this months Mood board my creative friends.


have a fabulous weekend 










No comments:

Post a Comment