Thursday 3 February 2022

Bloom - Travellers Notebook by Emma Zappone

Hi, Em with you today.
And today for my share I have a Travellers Notebook page that also showcases the moodboard for Feb.
So some of you may know that I quite like Brown and when I saw this months colour theme I might have squealed with delight.



As a reminder lets peek at the amazing mood/sketch.....



I will play with the sketch side of the board later in the month.
I used some awesome products for these pages. I started with some Rubons. Once they were applied I coated my pages with a clear Gesso to prime them ready for all the colour and medium.



Next I used some modelling paste through Finnabair's stencil - Mind games along some of the corners and edges of the pages. This created a nice bit of texture with out overwhelming the pages.



Then came the colour. I used a variety of different products for all the neutral shades. I started with Distress Oxides in Gathered Twigs, Vintage photo & Frayed Burlap and then a Dylusions Ink Spray in ground coffee. I moved it around with a little water and a damp brush.



Next came the tree. This was painted with a Mix of different acrylic paints which included Art by Marlene - Tobacco, Dina Wakley - Buff, Dina Wakley Heavy Body acrylic - Ancient and a little cheap acrylic from my stash. For the trunk, this was painted with black Gesso. You can see how it all came about in my Video.



This weeks TN theme is hearts, now I'm not one to play with hearts much, so I drew these little hearts dangling from the tree to honour the theme. Finally I added a word and a quote from Art by Marlene quote book and this weeks TN pages were complete. 



I hope this inspired you to play along with this weeks theme or even have a go at this months fab mood/sketch.
You can check out my video here....



I will see you all again very soon.
Stay safe and stay crafty, Em xx










No comments:

Post a Comment