Tuesday 15 February 2022

Adventure is out there by Tracey B

 hi everyone and happy crafting Tuesday

I was inspired by this month's sketch in the Moodsketch but rotated it.

That's one of the things I love about sketches: they're so flexible.

I started with some Color Burst powder (Burnt Umber & Sepia) sprinkled on and spritzed with water.   Love the unpredictability of these products and this technique.   And it's so simple!

I then gave my 2 Crafty chipboard frame (here's something similar) and title a coat of Dina Wakley paint (Penny) and when dry a coat of Distress Crackle Paint (Old Paper).   I left this to dry naturally as apparently this gives better cracks and then scribbled on some Distress crayons (Crooked Broomstick & Bubbling Cauldron) and gave that a rub with my finger.   If I look really closely I can see the cracks!

I covered some chipboard chips that I have had in my stash for ever with some scrap paper including WRMK Crush, cut off the excess with my craft knife, some Distress Ink (Black Soot) on the edges and then roughed the edges with my Ingvild Bolme distressing tool (sandpaper would work too).

I stuck down the chips but wasn't happy and thought it needed more so I added some Light and Fluffy modelling paste through a brick stencil.   (Note to self - would have been much easier to do the stenciling first) 


I scribbled on some Stabilos (green, rust & red) and activated the with my water pen.


A few embellishments from my stash and was done.

TFL

cheers

Tracey

 














1 comment: