Saturday 19 February 2022

YOU colour my world created by Tracey Thorne

 And a big HELLO to you all this fabulous Saturday.

I am going off the beaten track and letting the Moodboard have a rest today and  instead I've decided to add a little colour to my world. I have a lot of Dylusions Inks and they are not emptying their bottles anytime soon so it is time to put them to good use so I can make room for some new colours & products.


I have started with a base of - you guessed it - white cardstock and to that I have predominantly painted  in stripes down the page using Dylusions Inks - leaving gaps and filling in with other colours- these were my go to colours on the layout -  Peony Blush, Squeezed Orange, Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise, Lemon Zest and London Blue

 I have then used a TCW stencil -  this is the first time for me using this one in 12x12 as I usually use the smaller 6x6 but I must say I love it - It has done all the work for me on this layout. I mixed black paint with some Liquitex Matte Super Heavy Gel and using a spatula pushed it through the stencil. I have then used a Fudeball black pen to draw a black border around the whole layout.

 

I have chosen some tissue papers to help layer the photo - Dina Wakley Backgrounds & Hearts and a some pink and green from my own stash. I have also used a stamped tissue using a Carabelle Studio stamp. The photo was mounted on a little card so that it was slightly raised off the page to help with dimension. I have chosen a couple of the quotes from the tissue paper to add to the top and bottom of the layout. Adhering them with Matte Gel Medium helps them blend in well with the page and helps disguise the edges as they disappear into the background.

I chose American Crafts Thickers - Dear Lizzy in white to create the majority of the title. The YOU part of the title was created with chipboard and painted white. I made some hearts using Air Dry Clay and painted one with the Peony Blush Ink.You can also purchase Resin hearts from the shop - here. The white hearts were sealed with Liquitex Matte Gel Medium before being adhered to the page. A little black cotton under the photo was added to help anchor it all to the page.

 

  

I hope you have had an amazing day of creativity & enjoyed this pop of colour.

 have a fab creative weekend




No comments:

Post a Comment