Thursday 17 February 2022

'Promise Me' - with Emma Zappone

Hey there Crafters!
Em here sharing a layout with you featuring the mood/sketch colours of the month and some beautiful resins. This project is 8"x11"in size. Oh how I love this colour palette.



One of the main features on this layout, is the 2 stunning resin pieces that create the shape of the project.
I really wanted texture and a sense of raw when I was creating this.
So I minimized the finishes on the embellishments. 



Let's starts with the resin, these were primed with some white gesso and then once they were dry I applied 3 complimenting waxes. The colours I chose were, stained wood, Ochre and Bronze age. And I only applied the wax to the surface that my fingers would touch so that they had the contrast against the white underneath. 



The background work started with a Finnabair stencil with some crackle paste through it. Which I then added a Distress Glaze in Vintage photo before I heat set it. This added a slight shine and another neutral tone to the page.
Then I went in with a little stamping using the beautiful Stazon ink in Spiced Chai.



The colour on the background was created with Vintage photo Distress Oxide, I love how you can get the various shades just from the one colour ink. I incorporated some metals in my layers and finished the page off with some Micro beads and whimsies.



I hope you have seen something here that has inspired you to create. 
Keep popping your mood/sketch projects into the album on FB, we love seeing your creations. 

Stay safe, stay crafty everyone. 
Em xx






No comments:

Post a Comment