Sunday 6 February 2022

Happiness is... created by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to another blogpost with an amazing Mood-Sketch... it is a change of months and we have a new run of inspiration for February & I am loving the monotone palette in this one.


I have used a range of papers in creating the 12x12 and some are old and some are new.... The base is Heidi Swapp Storyline Chapters. I have then cut a 2" strip of each of these papers, 13Arts - His &Hers remastered, Basic Grey, Studio Calico - Here and There, Heidi Swapp - StoryLine Chapters. Each square is roughly 2'" x 2" and then the corners have been rounded using a corner rounder punch.

 

I have adhered them in 3 rows to the base page using tape. I have also cut a strip of printed paper in two tones of brown and adhered that across the page. I have used an AALL & Create stencil - #115 Spiral Checkered and a little Liquitex Modelling paste on the page to the left and right of where the photo will be placed.

 

I have prepped some resin products by adding Gesso to prime them before using Adirondack Alcohol inks - Latte & Espresso - these were heat set before the next step.  I have then added Prima Metallique Wax - Rich copper, by taking a little on my fingertip and rubbing over the raised resin piece.

 


I have created the photo stack by layering some 13Arts printed cardstock and a little corrugated cardboard. A little muslin was also added under the cardstock to help with the blending of the 3D resin objects. I have also created a few little shell objects by using Fimo, I have lightly rubbed them over with the Primo Wax.

 

To complete the page I have typed up an Oscar Wilde quote and layered it on a little of the strip printed paper. I have also used a chocolate coloured pen to rule around the outer edge of the page. The title of the page was created using some stickers I have found in my stash.


Have a fabulous creative weekend









No comments:

Post a Comment