Friday 23 October 2020

'Brave' Art Journal by Belinda Spencer

 Hello Scrapping Clearly fans!!


It's Belinda here with you again today and I have my latest art journal spread to share with you using lots of awesome product available in the Scrapping Clearly store.


'BRAVE' Art Journal


To start with I laid down some colour in my DINA WAKLEY MEDIA 6x6 White Journal using PRIMA Art Philosophy Concentrated Watercolour in Peacock and Truth. I spritzed the pages with a LOT of  water first and then just dropped the colour on. I picked up the journal and played around with the colour letting it swish this way and that.


Next I added some salt crystals and set aside to dry completely.


The salt crystals didn't really work as well as they normally do so I ended up covering most of this up! I think they didn't like such a textured surface. Lesson learnt!!


Next I tore out a face from the DWM Collage Paper Faces Pack and added to the page using a matte gel medium. I use a silicone brush to apply the gel to the surface, lay down the image and then use the silicone brush to smooth some more gel medium over the top. 


I wasn't 100% happy with the salt crystal effect so I tore up some papers from the DWM Collage Collective Book and applied to the pages using the same matte gel medium. Oh and also a strip torn from the DWM Collage Paper Backgrounds Pack. I then set it aside to dry. (To be honest I was too impatient to wait for it to dry so I sped things up with my heat gun taking care not to heat too long or too close in the one spot or the papers will bubble.)


Next I grabbed my DWM Scribble Sticks and coloured in some hair across the pages. I used a large soft wet paintbrush to activate and blend the crayons and set aside to dry. (You can see on the face that I started experimenting with the next step too)


Time to start adding colour to the face! I used the beautiful Soft Neutral PRIMA Watercolour Pencils to add some skin tones to the face just by scribbling on the colour; darker colours in the shadow areas and light where the sun hits the face.


I activated the pencil using the same paintbrush and then set aside to dry. (Or impatiently dried CAREFULLY with the heat gun again).


She needed a bit more colour so I added some more using the Scribble Sticks again and then activated and blended with the paintbrush.



Time for some detail now! My go to pens for adding final details are Posca Paint Pens and also the new Pilot Pintor Paint Pens. I used white and black Poscas as well as the Light Blue Pilot Pintor Pen for the eyes.


Next I added some stencilling using a KAISERCRAFT Mini Stencil with heavy white gesso. I added a quote torn from the DWM Collage Papers using the gel medium. I added some circles using the DWM Mini Boulders 6x6 Template and Scribble Sticks.



I finished by adding some more stencilling and doodling with the black Posca Pen. I added the title too by stamping onto plain tissue paper using the HEIDI SWAPP Old School Alphabet Clear Stamps and RANGER Archival Ink in Aquamarine and Jet Black.


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope you are feeling inspired to have a play with your Scrapping Clearly goodies too or check out some of the awesome stuff in store now.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment