Saturday 17 October 2020

Friends with Tracey Thorne

 Welcome back to another fabbo Saturday. I got myself into a groove last night and started creating a layout with things sitting on my desk, you know all those leftovers from other projects. I usually have leftover ink from the current page I am working on so use it on plain white cardstock and last night I decided the huge pile I have accumulated needs my attention.

I started with a pre-inked page - from memory I blotted Dylusions ink on the page using the kiss method whereby you drop your ink onto plastic and then kiss your paper to the plastic or vice versa. I have also used up the negative cut from a sheet of scallops I had sitting in my waste tray. Ooh and some Shimelle rose dot Vellum - so divine. I stitched the scallop paper to the inked page using black cotton.


I cut a rectangle from the Dot paper to use under the photo. I cut out two of the spots that were going to be behind the photo for embellishments later. At this stage I added the page to my typewriter to add a little journalling to the top left of the page.


Before adding the photo I worked out placement and drew around the photo to add more stitching for a border. I have then stamped Dina Wakley funky faces stamps in black ink. 
I have then chosen some pandanus leaves to minc. I cut these out using my Silhouette machine. I have used the Heidi Swapp Minc Reactive Mist mist - let dry thoroughly and then chosen Iridescent Teal for the larger leaf and Teal reactive foil for the smaller leaves.



When layering the embellishments I also used some old stamps, rose coloured clip & some tiny tags which were also minc'd. The title was created using American Crafts Thickers - Adventure. 


I have also minc'd Heidi Swapp reactive stickers. They were so quick and easy as you just pop them in the minc without having to prepare them with mists or pastes.




Thanks for popping in and have a great creative weekend.

Tracey






No comments:

Post a Comment