Saturday 10 October 2020

Live for today with Tracey Thorne

 Keeping with the cool blues of this months challenge and a few old school & new school supplies I put together this page 'Live for Today'. I take a lot of photos when out walking and travelling so it is nice to document the everyday using them.

I love the crispness of colours in this months moodboard and hope you get an opportunity to create using the colours also.


I have started with a base of Vicki Boutin cardstock from the Kaleidoscope paperpad and to this I have plotted out a general layout adding some old Heidi Swapp journalling notelets. I have sewn a black  border to layer my photo on to and a black border around the outer edge of the page. To this I have used an ALLS pencil in black with a little water to add a little more depth. I found an old Heidi Swapp stamp that I have used on the page to construct part of the title. This was stamped using Ranger black ink.


I have some precut scallop strips that I have dipped in Dylusions Vibrant turquoise that I will add either side to the page, these were sewn on with black thread. I have also cut some circles from last weeks Vicki Boutin paper to layer.


The beginning of the title was created from digging through a few chipboard alphas and mixing up the fonts to create the word Live-  I have sprayed these with Dylusions black ink.


I have used a couple of Kaisercraft stamps to fill in a little of the white space before layering the photo on a bed of black cotton and white muslin using foam tape. Other embellishments used were Tim Holtz metal frames, numbers, metal tags and mechanicals. I have also added some Tim Holtz rub ons.




For the journalling I have used some tiny tags dipped in Dylusions turquoise and Ranger distress in salty ocean. They were adhered using a small bulldog clip in white. I have also added a little more of the Dylusions turquoise ink in splatters on the page.




Thanks for popping in to check out my newest creation using the monthly moodboard from Scrapping Clearly. We would love for you to join in with us each month and show us how you have been inspired to use the palette nominated.


Tracey 
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment