Saturday 3 October 2020

Attitude is Everything

 Welcome to the month of October and a new moodboard. This one is getting us into the spring of Spring so to speak as the warmer months are upon us. I am loving the almost monotone hues in this challenge and enjoyed having a play with it last night. 


I have started with a base page of white cardstock. To that I have layered various Dylusions Inks - Calypso Teal, Polished Jade, Vibrant Turquoise as well as Tim Holtz Distress in Salty Ocean. I sprayed each individually on some plastic and then added a little water - tipped off the excess water and then used the kiss technique to apply to the cardstock.


Once dry I then drew out a couple of leaves and stitched them with black cotton on my sewing machine. The original skeleton leaf I individually stitched also. I created these using my Silhouette cutting machine.

 

I stapled the individual leaf on to the page before layering my photo on some Vicki Boutin cardstock - Lets's Wander, Around Here. This stack was then stapled to the page.


Three sets of stamps were used to layer under and around the project. Dylusions Creative Dyary,Heidi Swapp Make Pretty stuff  & Stampers Anonymous Grunged.  I added another level of blue to the page by popping some ink on to more plastic and dipping my flowers into it. I dried each layer and then did the same for the remaining colours. I have used Dylusions Calypso Teal, Ranger Distress Oxide spray in Faded Jeans & Tim Holtz Distress stain in Salty Ocean. To the top and bottom of the of the stitched border some washi tape was added to carry through with the blue theme.


I have added a little journalling by using Tim Holtz Rub ons  & small talk little words which has also created the title. I used some little glass domes to add a little more visual interest as well as a butterfly. 




the final project




I hope you have enjoyed my little project



Tracey




No comments:

Post a Comment