Saturday 24 October 2020

Magic - created by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to another fantastic Saturday. I am still on a mission to use up my pre-sprayed pages and on  this one I added a few extra splashes of colour - Distress Oxide picked raspberry ( which i refer to as pickled raspberry 😂) & Lindy's magical shaker Alpine Ice Rose. After drying I have used a Viva Las Vegas stamp & Carabelle Edges in my Journal stamp.

Now a funny thing is mistakes can be blessings in disguise. I accidentally picked up the Liquitex matte medium instead of the modelling paste - but the effect was amazing and gave the page a similar look to encaustic. I used it through a mandala stencil. LOVED IT!

I have then layered some pre cut ironwork cut outs before layering Hambly acetate and then the photograph which was bordered with Maggie Holmes Gather cardstock


I decided to add a little bling to the layout by cutting out my title, frame and a few hearts. I used the silhouette and some silver glitter cardstock.


I layered the title over the photo and added extra journalling by using Tim Holtz phrase stickers.


A little extra black stamping was added using Stampers Anonymous Grunge stamps. I have also used Dina Wakley Media stamps - handwritten quotes. A stitched outer border was added to help tie it all together.


I hope you have enjoyed this process & remember mistakes can sometimes be blessings in disguise.


Have a great weekend

Tracey













No comments:

Post a Comment