Wednesday 5 February 2020

Young Love, by Amanda Hartmann

Hello Scrapping Clearly friends!

I am so excited to be here and sharing my first creation for Scrapping Clearly. Thank you so much to Kylie for the opportunity to create for her amazing store, along side her awesome team.

If you don't know me, here are some facts:
I have been scrapbooking for over 17 years. The evidence of this is my large organised stash, shelves full of albums and piles of layouts! My life is about the balance and juggle – as I divide time between my gorgeous family (husband and 3 girls), my rewarding work (as a Speech Pathologist) and my “me” time (Scrapbooking and Jujitsu). I think I can scrapbook with nearly any product; I love a good challenge. I love patterned papers just as much as I love combining mixed media to create my own backgrounds. But embellishments will always be my favourite thing; nothing like creating perfect interesting clusters!


I am starting my shares with a scrapbook layout with a mixed media background. I was inspired the awesome new February Mood board.

Here is sneak peek of the layout. Check it out and then I will show you some of the steps I took to create the page.



Here is this month's mood board that I used as my inspiration.


I started by gesso-ing a sheet of Bazzill Marshmallow. I used my new Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics Silicon brush: this made the gesso go on so smooth!


Next I did some stamping and clear heat embossing. Using Versamark Watermark stamp pad, I stamped a row of hearts from the Carabelle Studio Mini Textures set. I used WOW clear embossing powder to heat set the stamped hearts.


Next it was time to add colour! I decided to use some Lindy's Magical Shakers - so easy and fun to use. I used Oom Pah Pah Pink, Autumn Maple Crimson and Alpine Ice Rose.


I sprayed some water first, and then sprinkled some of the Lindy's Magical Shakers in.


I used a heat gun to dry and move the colour around the page. I used a paint brush to pick up some of the colour and add some splatters.


With the background done, I started adding layers of paper under the photo. I used a mix of alphabet stickers to create the title.

Then I decided I needed some more black. So I took another of the stamps from Carabelle Studio Mini Textures set - this time the textured circles. Using Black Staz On, I stamped a few of the circle images around the page.


Then I added some black splatters using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray in Black Soot.


With the photo mounted on some papers, I added a few stickers and puffy hearts to finish my page.

And here it is.... you can check out all the details in these close ups.


Mixed alphas to make the title.

Some word stickers with inked edges in the small colour cluster in the top right corner. 



I love the texture of the embossed stamped hearts with the pink shiny magical colours on top.

That's it! My first page shared!

I hope you join the February challenge over on our Facebook page.

Thanks so much for looking today!
Amanda


[Insert head shot]

Products used:
Lindy's Magical Shaker: Autumn Maple Crimson
Lindy's Magical Shaker: Oom Pah Pah Pink





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your awesome layout with us, I love the Lindy's shakers, they look like so much fun to use :)

    ReplyDelete