Friday 11 October 2019

"Wish"

Hey Hey It's Friday!
Hope everyone has set aside a little time to have some crafty fun this weekend and I am here hoping to inspire you!
So without further ado here is my latest Art Journal page in my Art by Marlene Journal

"Wish"


This page started its life as a very messy left over paint smash. So lots of layers went on to try and get some sort of composition happening, it was very hard to stop really....as always!


In the background I used a The Crafters Workshop 12x12 Stencil: "Mesh Blocks" and a Dina Wakley new release stencil called Large Halves. These new larger stencils are fabulous to declutter a messy page but still show snippets of painty layers.


I just kept using stamps and stencils and throwing more paint at it till I was happy with the result. I knew I wanted to use the Girl making a wish figure (Crafty Individuals Stamp) as a focal point with one of the Heidi Swapp mini stencil Insta words "Wish",  I just needed to figure out how.


Both of the focal points did not go together that well so I decided to use a tag as a flip out and have the stencil as the title. This was the best way they seemed to work together.
I just used layers of Dina Wakley Acrylic paint to marry the elements together.


I stencilled the "Wish" on old book paper using the Lemon and Magenta paint and added it to the page with Gel Medium . Then I worked on the tag, with the same paint, attaching the stamped tissue image with the same gel medium then used some Washi Tape to attach the tag to the page on one side so that it acted like a page in itself and added a Scrap FX index tab to grab onto.

Lastly I added some scribbly writing and dots and I was done.

Products used:
Art by Marlene Journal
Dina Wakley Acrylic paint: Sky, Lemon, Magenta.
Washi Tape
The Crafters Workshop 12x 12Stencil: "Mesh Blocks"
Dina Wakley Stencil: Large Halves
Heidi Swapp minis stencil Insta words
Heidi Swapp minis insta patterns
Gel Medium 
Book paper
Scrap FX index tab

No comments:

Post a Comment