Saturday 3 August 2019

August journal entry

I tend to neglect my journal. When I do have a play in it I like to add quotes, meaningful ones. After all this is a book I am creating for me. This months Moodboard prompt with its hints of peach, pink and grey was perfect for what evolved on my page. The beginning of this page was quite different to what I had envisaged... but I am glad that the different layers of paint have made it find its own identity. So here is the Moodboard prompt - I can see a lot of different takes on this amazing prompt over the coming weeks.


I started by painting the page with Dylusions Slate Grey and then used Dylusions Rose Quartz through a Donna Downey stencil. I then used my Fude Ball pen to accentuate the pink shapes. I then added a few smears of Dylusions Vanilla Custard paint on the page.


Then I got stuck - walked away for a couple of days & then dug out a few stamps and randomly stamped on the page - it looked bad... but hey that is okay because I have Gesso 😍. The stamps I used were : Carabelle Edges in my journal, Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz, The gesso was painted all over the page and then I popped the Donna Downey stencil over it and rubbed off portions with a wet paper towel. Once dried I used a Fude ball black pen to highlight a few of the hexagons.



Next was to add  a few paper layers to help define the feature picture. I used a couple of Project Life cards, Dina Wakley Media Collage paper, Washi tape, cotton, and an offcut from last weeks layout - Escape the ordinary collection.


Next I added the feature picture. It is a sticker by Paula Macmillan Perich. I adhered it to some card and then glued it atop of the layers.


For the title I unearthed my old Making Memories Rub- Ons. They are so old and very unavailable... vintage nearly... they worked beautifully with my page. A couple of the letters did not totally adhere so I used a Fude Ball pen to tidy them up. It is amazing how some of our older Scrapping supplies work so well with all the new - they really do meld together well.


I added some Faber Castell Texture Luxe in silver through a stencil. Then a little more stamping on the outer edges of the page and a doodled border using a Fude Ball. For a little more colour I also added Art Alchemy Acrylic paint Sparks - Ginger Magic



I hope you have enjoyed my take on this months Moodboard and it has inspired you to use some of your older scrapping supplies with the newer items therefore making room for more newer items.



Until next time ... create a little something amazing for you. xx

tracey

2 comments:

  1. God I love this!! You have inspired me Tracey! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bronny - your journals are amazing within themselves ... can't wait for our catch up soon xx

      Delete