I'm still attempting to perfect an image transfer and this is my latest effort.
After I'd transferred my image using gel medium (ensuring it was well and truly dry) I randomly scrapped some Faber Castell Whipped Spackle through a stencil. I then stuck on a heap of chipboard pieces with gel medium, layering them with gay abandon. A lot of old ones from my stash (basically anything that fitted the steampunk theme but also some new Scrap FX mini cogs. (these are so cute).
I then covered the lot by dry brushing on some gesso and then painted the lot with some bronze paint from my stash. I then went back in with some black Dylusions paint, dry brushing again in random places and finished off by rubbing in some Platinum Inka Gold using my finger.
Hope you've been inspired.