Friday 2 August 2019

Embrace the Journey with Emma

Welcome to the first Friday of August.
Only one more month of Winter....Yay!! Don't get me wrong I love winter, but I'm hanging for some warmer days to just thaw off.
 Today I'm sharing a layout that is inspired by the new moodboard for August.
It's gorgeous, with it's muted soft palette. Here is how I interpreted it.



The corals and apricots add a real romantic vibe.
I also saw the hexagon background in the board and thought I would do a subtle ode to that in my background.


I also wanted to capture that real apricot colour so I used a thick paint and spread it through a TCW stencil - distressed lace this one and put it over the layers as well as the background t get that contrast.


Within my background work I also used a variety of stamps including this adorable Lavinia stamp that was inked with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide.


My paper layers were tags cut out of a few different sheets of paper from the Golden Days Fancy Pants 6x6 pad. They matched perfectly with the colour tones of the board.


And like all my pages, I need quotes, so I again turned to Tim Holtz Small talk stickers.
These always seem to be spot on with the mood I want to create.

And that's me done!
I'll catch you all again a little later on in the month.
Happy scrapping friends.

Em xx










No comments:

Post a Comment