Tuesday 20 August 2019

BRRR

Hi everyone
I've just spent the weekend at a retreat and although things didn't go entirely to plan
 (ie fell down a step and broke a bone in my foot)
I had a wonderful crafty time.   
This is one of the LOs I created.   Simple but effective I think.

I started by using my brayer and rolling on a couple of different coloured Dina Wakley acrylic paints in Turquoise with a bit of Elephant mixed in.   I then used the edge of my palette knife to add some lines with my left over paint and sponged some black paint through an old stencil.   I think this was a TCW one but this Kinder Kreations Skelton Tree stencil would be perfect as well.  
I added some stitching (machine and hand), some wood veneer snowflakes from my stash and some punched ones , then my title with some American Crafts foam thickers.    
As a finishing touch I added some more colour using a Stabilo pencil which I activated using my water brush pen.

Hope you've been inspired.
'Til next time
cheers
Tracey 

2 comments:

  1. Very effective babe.
    Always love your work.
    Rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazeballs -- and what a fabulous retreat - love ya xx

    ReplyDelete