Tuesday 13 August 2019

Days gone by

Hi everyone,

Hope you're keeping warm and getting plenty of crafting time.  

It snowed just up the road a couple of days ago, so I'm very happy to be spending time in my craft room with the heater on!  

I was inspired by this month's mood board to scrap an old photo of my mother and uncle.




I started by going through my stash of paints looking for the right colours. Then through my embellies to see what would match.   I wanted to use some Heidi Swapp flower trimmings. These are pretty cool.   You can use them as is or hit them with a heat gun and they will curl up.   I did two stacks and secured them with a brad.    They weren't exactly the right colour but I wasn't sure how paint would effect their curlability (I'm sure that's word!) so I heated the first without paint and the 2nd after painting them.   It didn't seem to make any difference.


 I started my LO by sponging some Dina Wakley acrylic paint through a Dark Room Door stencil

I then built up my background using a few different stencils, some Ceramcoat paint, Art Anthology Velvet dimensional paint and some Colour Blast paste in Dusty Charcoal.   My paste was old and had gone thick and stiff and I was just about to throw it in the bin but decided to mix it with some cheap impasto - and it worked!   Yay!
I sketched in where my photo stack would be and then sewed on my title using Pink Paislee Bella Rouge Alphas. I find sewing not only adds interest to the page but is also the best way to secure these acrylic alphas.   
I die cut a heap of leaves from my left over paper and then suck it all down, along with some pearl beads from my stash and some Fancy Pants cork stickers and a Flair.  


Thought I had a lot more photos of the process but user error came into play!
Hope you've been inspired and would love you to join in this month's challenge.
Looking forward to seeing what you create.

cheers
   

No comments:

Post a Comment