Friday 7 June 2019

Live Your Life - with Emma

Hi SC friends,
Emma here with you for this first Friday of the month, sharing my creation inspired by this months mood board.


It's an absolutely gorgeous board this month, very soft very feminine.


Stunning isn't it? Just makes you want to get creative.

Here are a few of the items I was inspired to play with in my layout, available now in the shop.


I started with the TCW Stencil Script Dots using a cement paste for my background interest.
Once this was dry I started to add a hint of colour. I did this my using Distress Oxides in Victorian Velvet and Tattered Rose. I smooshed it around with a piece of plastic packaging, which you can see my do in the video.


The Oxide grabbed to the paste and dried very quickly.
I really wanted to keep the background super soft just like in the board, so I only did a very light layer of the inks.

Next I attached a few pre-made layers from off cuts that matched the colour scheme. 
Folding and adding a couple of the Heidi Swapp flower trimmings and rubbing a little of the oxide ink colour to blend in with the background.


Beautiful and simple items to use to create a whimsy and floral vibe.


The Tim Holtz Idea-ology acetate wings make a great layering element being transparent as well as adding that fine detail that creates height and a 3D effect.


I added a few awesome quotes from Tim Holtz small talk stickers to finalize the page. Helping to tell the story a little.

I hope this page inspires you to find the soft side and create something pretty.
I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Don't forget to check out the little video below that I made for this creation.


I look forward to
seeing you all again at the end of the month.
Until then, Happy Scrapping!
Em. xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment