Tuesday 18 June 2019

Be your beautiful self

Hi everyone,
Don't you just love this beautiful, delicate, moody mood board this month?

It reminded me of days gone by so I decided to scrap a photo of my great great grandmother.

I started by roughly tearing a couple of different scrap papers and making a collage, sticking them down with TCW gel medium. (Any gel medium would work just as well)

When dry I covered my page with gesso and then lightly removed some with a baby wipe.
I traced on some circles using a stencil and grey lead pencil and then used a combination of Dina Wakley Scribble sticks and Silver Ice gelato to colour them in. I then gave the top of my LO a spray with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray and then dribbled some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Milled Lavender from the top, misting with a little water to assist the drips.



I fussy cut my photo and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot using a foam blending tool.




I diecut a few wings (one of which I coloured with Milled Lavender Distress Ink) and a flower.  I used a strip from Tim Holtz Idea-ology small talk stickers as my title with a little Stabilo to highlight and a little patterned paper to ground my photo.

I finished by tracing roughly around my circles using a waterproof pen and then added my journaling around one of the circles.


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you've been inspired.



1 comment: