Monday 24 June 2019

Weekend away in the country

Away for a weekend of creative bliss with like minded friends, surrounded by trees I was inspired.

I tried a few different styles and techniques in my art journals. That is what they are for, trying something outside your comfort zone.


This first tree, I was trying to do something textural with a palette knife, texture paste and acrylic paints. This was made on the canvas paper in the Dina Wakley mixed media journal.

I mixed each tone of acrylic paint I wanted to use into the light and fluffy paste and applied with the palette knife to get height and texture. I let the colours dry in between adding another.



I didn't know how I would go with this as it was soft and delicate, two things I am not. LOL.
I found a picture in a magazine at the house we were staying in and was inspired to try and replicate it.

I have used the Dina Wakley 6x6 white journal for this as it needed good quality water colour paper.
I used scribble sticks to achieve this look.


I have used the mixed media journal again for this one. The water colour paper. I used a KinderKreations stencil for the tree trunk.
Umber acrylic paint and a sponge through this stencil.
I then broke out some water colour paints.
I spritzed the paints and also spritzed the page and just kept adding pigment and water until I was happy with it.

Hope you enjoyed my tree frenzy this week.
Happy crafting everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment