Saturday 22 June 2019

Little Creations

Little Creations can be fun. I had a nice conversation the other day with fellow creator Leanne Jago - her art is absolutely organic and evokes so much feeling. After looking at a few of her recent pieces my mojo was ignited to create my own little piece of art ready for the start of a new journey to create myself a  journal. I am sharing with you today my first page .... moodboard inspired of course 😉



I  have prepped four pieces of calico in readiness using Liquitex modelling paste. I have coated both sides, drying with my heat tool. They were torn so the edges are nice and raw and they measure approximately 5 inches square.


I have added the first coat of colour using Dylusions Rose Quartz paint.
Square 1 - I have used a brayer & the paint as a solid background.
Square 2 - A paintbrush & Tim Holtz mini layered stencil 
Square 3 - A paintbrush & Tim Holtz mini layered stencil #7 
Square 4 - A paintbrush & Tim Holtz mini layered stencil #27 





  I found this amazing face on a sheet of  Paper Arts Whimsical 3 .... I have fussy-cut it out and will be using it on Square 2 with a few other layers.


Time to create layers -I added some white gesso to the pink as this is where I will be adding my words later. I then sewed a black border around the edge before adding some Dina Wakley Media Collage paper, Tim Holtz tissue paper, an offcut of calico that was painted using Dylusions Slate Grey. Each layer I have adhered with a little more black stiching. finally I have used a little fine Tulle.


 I then added a little stamping using Lavinia's Stamp - Fairy Barnacle . I also stamped it on a small tag and layered atop of some more Tim Holtz tissue paper. 


 I have aged the edges with a mixture of these three beauties - Tim Holtz Distress spray stain in Antique Linen and Tea Dye and Adirondack Colour Wash in Espresso. I applied them using my fingers - because that is how Leanne has shown me to do this step - she is a clever chic & knows that this is the best way to get it in just the right place.😘


I have added some quirky words I found on some sheet music - I think they fit perfectly especially with the look that the girl is giving. 


The finished page... Cocoa Parties


 Thanks for popping in and checking out my new creation... I hope you have a beautiful day full of creative goodness... till next time ... take care & get messy xx

 
tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment