Tuesday 28 March 2017

3 Legged Race- Scrapbook Page by Tania

Hi Scrappingclearly Community, hope you are all enjoying our challenges this month. You've still got a few days left to upload them over on our FB Community Page.
Today, I'm sharing with you, my take on the moodboard by Peg!!! In fact, I think my layout is a little Peg inspired actually!!! The moodboard was just begging for some Mixed Media Action!!!



I have some great new products from the store! My kit had some awesome Products from Vicki Boutin, read about them here! (And see them in the shop here:). (Just perfect for my Mixed Media background!)

I started with a page from my Chickaniddy 365 collection- Weekend Wonder. (On special in the store.) Then, on some white cardstock, I used one of the gorgeous, Heidi Swapp screen prints with some of her Black, Art Screen Ink. OMG...the combination of these two products was enough to get the creative juices flowing. This stuff, not only has a lovely sparkle and shine to it, but it also has a rough, sandpaper-like texture to it aswell. I love it!!! The screen prints are slightly different to stencils, work almost the same, but have the added bonus of a sticky back so they don't slip when adding colour to your project!!!



When that was dry, I added a layer of spray ink with Dylusions, let it dry and using some Dusty Attic stencils & a circle stencil, I used the Vicki Boutin, Art Crayons #3, by drawing inside the stencil first with the crayon, and then adding a smidge of water with my finger to blend them. They work similar to Gelatos. They are a water soluble, oil pastel, and can be used wet or dry. i love them, they are thick and creamy.



Building my layers, I added some black, background stamping with a Kaisercraft stamp, a script stamp and then some washi tape, and some more papers from the Chickaniddy 365 range. There's a tag from the Teresa Collins, Something Wonderful collection, some twine and a cute flair from my stash.
I flicked some black Dylusions spray ink on the top and bottom corners, and then used the cute striped alpha stickers from Chickaniddy 365.



And here's the final result! Complete with some painted, black wood veneer from Studio Calico!



I hope I've inspired you to have a play with a mixed media background for this challenge, but would love to see your projects, no matter what style you prefer!!! Happy scrapping!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment