Friday 24 March 2017

Yin/ Yang Dreaming

Salutations Bloggers,Lisa Here with a Friday Mixed Media update.
My mojo seems to have found me again,its been on holidays, 
but seems to have returned, after a simple purchase of the New Dina Wakley Art Journal .
Oh my Art Goddess me , with 4 different surface to choose to create upon , this baby is a must have on your list of  creative stash supplies  .
I only got this baby last Saturday, I've worked a full week and I am 10 pages in already.
Now That is creative inspiration !
I'm sharing today with you a Dreamcatcher piece
yep .... another one .
A piece created upon one of  Hessian pages within the book.
Ok,its brown, hmmm,I lay a piece of white muslin down and

 Then using a Black Jo Sonja textured paste I stenciled a Kinder Kreations Floral Yin /Yang image onto the background, allowed it to dry ,then added a few painted feathered background stencil bases and came over the top with the Art Anthology Textured paste to give a little dimension .
 Again using a  Kinder Kreations 2 part feather stencil .
 I love the results of the double layering of stencils 
To add some colour and detail to the piece, 
I stamped a few Dina Wakley Fronds with Black Stazon onto 
 I spritz the page with a little water then sprayed some Dylusions Inks in rainbow colours , 
So I had choices for which colour I wish to use.
 Now its just layering time with a few extra embellishments .
Usually I keep my art journal internally very flat , no embellishments , which helps , if you are actually drawing within the pages , but with this Dina Wakley journal ,
I am just running with heart and creative spirit
(yep , its that inspiring )
I hope you get time to play and be creative this weekend .
See you next week for a new update .
Lisa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment