Saturday 29 January 2022

Choc fudge brownies created by Tracey Thorne

 I hope you are all enjoying the Australia Day crop over at Scrapping Clearly this week. I have still a few of the challenges to go & thought I would share my process for Challenge  6 - Cuisine. Now we are lovers of brownies ... so we like to think this is our fave Aussie food... bit partial to lamb too ... but I took the sweet option to document instead as it was a little more fun and playful to scrap.

Here is the challenge


I tried to keep the mixed media to a minimum with this layout by only using two yellow spray inks - Dylusions - Lemon Zest and Heidi Swapp Colourshine - Butter . The butter is absolutely divine with an amazing shimmer. I have applied this by spraying on plastic and then kissing the page to leave ink.


I have the range of Shimelle papers called Box of Crayons & Starshine. When I first got my hands on them I found them a bit hard to work with so they have sat in my storage crate forever - possibly 3 years... so it is about time I braved the unknown and put something together. Funny thing is - these papers are AMAZING!!! They are bright, bold and quirky and were easy to use on the page.


I cut a base for my photo stack out of  'A New Thought' and then mounted the photo on 'Hubble'. I also cut some ancillary pieces out of the cute rainbow cardstock called 'In the Sky' . Now a lot of paper shuffling went on to layer the photostack. Then some extra strips were cut for stapling at the top and bottom of the page... I'm loving how this is coming together now. I found a yellow doily to add at the bottom of the layers also. 



To create the embellishment stack I cut the ice-cream label from the cardstock ' In the Frame' and put a little foam tape on the back. I've then cut a little of the rainbow cardstock into a strip and cut into the end like a ribbon. I found some of my favourite Cocoa Vanilla timber words and cute timber cabochons to help tie it all together.


I have created the title by using a variety of fonts - Cocoa Vanilla 'Made of Awesome' sticker alpha and Heidi Swapp ghost letters


Finally the layout was finished off with a little black cotton and a black border drawn with a ruler around the outer edge....and love ...lots of love... now its time to go bake some brownies. 


have a great weekend of creativity 


No comments:

Post a Comment