Tuesday 11 January 2022

Unwind by Tracey B

 

Good morning everyone and welcome to a beautiful crafting Tuesday!

 

Sometimes things just don’t go the way you plan so when that happens to me I just say to myself (or out load sometimes too) “It’s just paper and paint” and start again.

I had an idea for my background and finished up with this..


I wasn’t feeling the love so I decided to cut it up into tags as smaller can look better than bigger.   This is something I learned from Dina WAKLEY as she compared baby chubby thighs to adult chubby thighs!

For my now tags I used Lindy’s magical shakers (Guten Tag Teal & Cowabunger Copper), 13@rts Colour Glow powder (Blue sapphire),Finnabair Jewel Effects Paste (Crushed Amber) Dylusions Ink (London Blue) and a little FW Artists ink (Scarlet).

 


 I then started again…

I flipped the sketch from this month's moodsketch to suit my photo.

Some Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade) and a Studio Lightstamp, then some Distress Oxide (Salty Ocean) sponged through a Heidi Swapp stencil and some Light & Fluffy modelling paste scrapped through a Dusty Attic stencil.

 

I backed my photo with some Heidi Swapp Honey & Spice patterned paper.

 

I had an acetate word from my stash that I wanted to use but the white word didn’t show up on my background so I used a couple of Copic markers on the reverse side to add some colour – very happy with the result.  

Other products from my stash include, eyelets, ribbons and twine, muslin, a quilled flower, beads, bow and acrylic shapes which have been in my stash for at least 15 years!

Here’s a couple of close ups and the finished product.

TFL

cheers

Trace






1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey, love the clever recycling of the background attempt. The tags look awesome on this page. Love the use of white space, it gives your layout a lovely crisp, clean feel. Cheers, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete