Wednesday 19 January 2022

Memories, by Amanda Hartmann

 Hello SC fans!

Kylie sent me some packs of Prima Art extravagance texture pastes. She hasn't linked them in store yet, but I had fun playing with them and will let you know when they are up in the shop.


EDIT TO ADD THE LINKS to buy this awesome product in a range of colour packs:

They are a firm paste with sand-like granules, and are great if you want something a little rough and interesting to your projects. You can use them to paint and they are fine enough to go through stencils. And just wait until you see the colour range! New products are always such fun.


Here is what I created:


I started by swiping some of the texture paste to the base cardstock. I used a spatula to paint it on. I used the lightest "Powder Blue" first.

Next I found some chipboard shapes and painted them with white gesso

Next I glued some torn pieces of Dina Wakley text collage - tissue paper.

For some water colour effects, I added more colour with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides (with plastic packaging). I used "Mermaid Lagoon" and "Evergreen Bough".

To finish the background, I used a spatula to add more dashes of the Prima texture paste. I used the "Blue Green" and "Turquoise".


Looking at the close ups, you can see the muslin, tissue paper, wire, beads, bling, cogs, thread and other things I added for interest.










Thanks for looking today! 
Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment