Saturday 8 January 2022

Enjoy the Now created by Tracey Thorne

 

Welcome to my first blog post of 2022 - and wow what a great Moodsketch to get it started. I am crushing on the colours of the moodboard this month and with the added Sketch my thinking has been taken care of - products and photos are all I need to worry about to put together a new memory to my albums. So lets get started with my new 12x12 'Enjoy the Now'.

 I have taken the colours and the sketch to create with - I didn't go for bright popping colours for this one - more warm & subdued tones for the.


I have used white 12x12 cardstock as my base. To that I have used Dylusions Calypso Teal spray & Heidi Swapp colourshine in Teal. I have used the kiss method to apply this to the page. 


I have then chosen a TCW stencil out of my stash of stencils - this may not be available anymore but there are a great range of circular, mandala type ones available in the shop. I have used Liquitex light modelling paste on both sides of the page in conjunction with the stencil. I have also used a stencil lightly in the middle of the page.

 

I have then worked out placement of my photo before beginning to stamp with some Ranger black ink. I have used the Stampers Anonymous- Tim Holtz stamp - Fragments. I have also used a couple of my older stamps-  a small dotty stamp by kaisercraft and a writing stamp by Prima. The stamping was kept primarily on the edges of the page and tapered back to the center.

 

With a stabilo pencil I have drawn a box where my photo will go and have then wet it down to add shadow. I have then sewn around this box and also to the left of the page where other embellishments will go.


I have used a range of embellishments to build up the photo and help tell the story of the photo.

 

I love to incorporate frames wherever I can and the Tim Holtz ideaology metal frames are a favourite for helping me find that extra dimension that I need. 



This is the finished layout - very moody - love this pallette to work with as I can really get into using my Distress Inks and blending around the outer edge of the page. I have used Scattered Straw and Tea Dye and have added a little more of the Stabilo ALLS pencil and water. 


Thanks for popping in and checking out the process of my 12x12 layout. 


Enjoy your weekend



tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment