Saturday 15 January 2022

Smiler created by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome back to another weekend blog upload from me.

 I hope this week has been kind to you all and you have found a place in your week to create Art. I am trying to clear the enormous amount of ephemera from different packs that I have collected over the years and that is how this layout has come about. 

It was a quick process to pop this one together. I have used a base of white cardstock and to that I have sprayed a little water and then added watercolour paint. I have used Prima art Anthology-Truth and Avery Elle - Celery.  I have blocked my photo on to Vicki Boutin Colour study printed paper - Spheres. Strips of leftover Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush - South beach were placed at the top and bottom of this photo stack under the photo.


I found a stamp in my stash that had hexagons, this was placed in varying places on the layout. I have then added an arrow stamp from the same pack on a few of the hexagons. You can achieve a similar look by using the All & Create stencil and inking the shape on to your page. Similarly arrows can be created this way or you could find something that will suit your needs in the shop.


American Crafts foam thickers were used to create the 'smiler' title. I gathered a few arrows in chipboard and coloured them with a black marker. These were then coated in Glossy Accents and left to dry before adhering them to the page with Tombow glue.

 

I have used a ruler & fudeball pen to create the outer border. I have then used the arrow stamp to add more features and typed out my journaling and added it to the top and bottom of the page.


Thanks for popping and checking out the process. I wish you a fantastic weekend of creativity to fill your cup. 


tracey












No comments:

Post a Comment