Sunday 3 October 2021

Salvaged Canvas with Emma

 Happy Sunday everyone!
Today I share with you a bright canvas created with mostly resins. I LOVE LOVE LOVE resins and so I had to create something fun with them. This canvas features 3 different Mould designs.



And it just so happens to match the awesome moodboard a little this month. Let's check it our here....



I shocked myself and used my Distress Oxide Inks....like inks..hahaha! I tend to use them more like watercolour or a tint. So it was nice to spray them and get a little messy.


Firstly I used a Finnabair stencil on the base of the canvas with a Ranger crackle paste. I then slowly layered all the moulds over the top of the stencil. I had these rusty pipeline moulds that I was desperate to create with and decided to add this amazing butterfly from the mechanical Insectica mould. Plus a heap of little cogs from different sets.



Once all the moulds were glued down and firmly in place, I primed all the elements with white gesso.
Once the gesso was dry then came the colour. This canvas has 4 Distress Oxide sprays on it. I started with Mustard Seed, dried a little then went in with Cracked Pistachio. I made sure these colours were dry before adding a couple of pops of pink.




I kept the butterfly separate at this stage (not glued to the rest just yet). The butter fly features Kitsch Flamingo and a little Speckled egg to keep the contrast from the background colours it will be on.




In among the moulds I added a couple of Finnabair Mechanical metal flowers. These also were sprayed with all the other elements.


 

Once everything was dry and stuck down including the butterfly, I started to apply a mix of different waxes to a lot of the moulds. I used a little Rose Gold, Indian Pink, Brushed Iron and plenty of Rich Copper as this is one of my faves.
Finally I flicked all over with Black & White inks and added a title. This is from the Tim Holtz quote chips collection.

I hope this canvas has inspired you a little and I look forward to seeing what you create with this striking moodboard.

Stay safe friends, Em xx








 


No comments:

Post a Comment