Tuesday 12 October 2021

Fun together by Tracey B

 Hi everyone.

What a vibrant moodboard this month!





Neon is not really my jam but I ratted through my stash and found some old stickers that gave me a start and reminded me of the dresses in the moodboard .


I then roughly penciled in where I wanted to place the photo.   This is something that I have to keep reminding myself to do as so often I  cover up all the good bits of the background when I stick the photo down!  


I used some Dina Wakley paints (Magenta & Lemon) sponged on through a Vicki Boutin Storyteller stencil and then added some Magenta and Lime to me messy mat, dragged the edge of an old credit card through it and used that to add some marks.   I then added some water to the leftover Lime and splattered some on with a fan brush.


To add a bit more colour to the background, I stamped some Distress Ink (Mustard Seed) on to my messy mat, added a spritz of water and used the packaging technique to add splotches.   A few drips of Neon hi-flow pink and green completed the background.

I had a tiny piece of purple painted chipboard left over from a previous product but a quick coat of gesso and some magenta and it was good to go.   I cut it in half  so I could poke a bit out from the top and bottom of the photo.   
I finished up with some vintage Heidi Swapp alphas which are actually lime but look yellow in the photo (and now that I look at this, it seems I'm missing the U - hopefully the dog hasn't eaten it! You'll have to use your imagination), 
I used a Heidi Swapp Joy Parade puffy sentiment sticker as part of my title and some more Favorite Things puffy stickers and a fabric bow to finish off.  . 


TFL

cheers

Tracey



No comments:

Post a Comment