Friday 30 July 2021

Christmas in July with Belinda Spencer

 Hello Scrapping Clearly fans!!

It's Belinda here today to share my Christmas in July Cybercrop projects. For my projects I chose to bind together some Heidi Swapp Memory Files and create a junk journal. I used the Believe Christmas collection by Heidi from when I attended a workshop here in Adelaide as well as some papers from the Dreamy 6"x6" Paper Pad.

Sadly, as we were in lockdown in Adelaide at the time of the cybercrop, I didn't get as many projects completed as I had hoped. I had to compete for computer time and with everyone home it seemed like I was forever making meals!! Anyway, I will continue to work on it and hopefully have it finished by Christmas in December!!

Challenge One


For this page I used a smaller memory file from the Heidi Swapp Christmas range. There are newer Christmas collections that are equally as gorgeous now. Check out the Oh What Fun and Winter Wonderland collections in the shop. I used Chartreuse Colour Shine on the background as well as a stencil and stamps by Darkroom Door.


I layered some of the patterned papers together and added embellishments from the range as well as a Kaisercraft gold paper doily, a Charms Creations embellishment as well as buttons. I finished with a title created from Dusty Attic chipboard.



Challenge Two


For Challenge Two, I wanted to document how we usually end up at the beach on Christmas Day. Well we used to before Covid. Now we stay home.

I created this page pretty much the same way as the first one. The same Colour Shine and patterned paper range. I tore the papers to represent the waves breaking on the beach. I also added a fabulous 6"x6" Heidi Swapp die cut paper. I tore the die cut paper into strips so I could use it on multiple pages. 


Again I used Charm's Creations embellishments, Darkroom Door stamps and a stencil and Dusty Attic chipboard as well as a Colour Magic star die cut from the Believe collection.




Challenge Three


For Challenge Three I used the softer, pastel colours from the colour wheel. The background paper is from the Heidi Swapp Art Walk Paper Pad. I added some Patina Colour Shine on the background and used some gesso with a Darkroom Door stencil.

Next I chopped up some papers from the Dreamy 6"x6" Paper Pad and layered them together. I added some of the torn starry 6"x6" Die Cut Paper too.


I finished it off with a few strategically placed embellishments.


Well that is all I managed to complete. I am looking forward to working through the remaining challenges and will share those next Friday.

I hope you enjoyed the cybercrop and a big thank you to everyone who shared their beautiful creations.

Cheers
Belinda


1 comment: