Sunday 1 August 2021

Using up the Collage Fodder with Lisa Oxley

Howdy Bloggers, Lisa here with a Sunday Scrapping Clearly blog update.
I love creating in a smaller size that the standard journals,
 there is something liberating when creating on different substrates and sized elements.
This is a great way of creating fun quick pages and getting rid of ephemera and collage elements,
 tags or artist trading cards made previously.
I'm sure, I am not the only one who has too much stuff laying on the table, in bags, containers............ that really needs to go somewhere.
All those gel prints, the atcs, the collected fodder, the pieces/pages/bits put away for something spesh.
Bust them out, Its time.


I started with a large cardstock tag and combined a few random pages which
included pages from Dina Wakley's Collage Collectives.
I kept the pages to 4 to 5 sheets, depending on the weight of the paper,
 scored the centre line and stapled at 2 points along the spine.

I've included collected elements like this beautiful section from this years NAIDOC 2021 poster.
The 2021 National NAIDOC Poster, 'Care for Country' was designed by Gubbi Gubbi artist Maggie-Jean Douglas.
I've had this quirky fabric skeleton patch forever..... finally a place for it to live.


The right hand page is from Dina Wakleys' Collage Collective, with a Tim Holtz time piece added, the page left is mine.


We are forever collecting different images, some are just made to sit together.
My Daily Mantra.


Items I regularly used include




 There is a real freedom to play and enjoy smaller spaces when working in a mini art journal.
I hope you are inspired to put together something different.
Thanks for dropping by the Scrapping Clearly blog today,
Ill be back very soon with another SC blog update.


Lisa xx

1 comment: