Saturday 3 July 2021

Dance to the beat of your own drum by Tracey Thorne

Well hasn't the first half of the year passed us by quickly. Time to add a little zing and sparkle into the next half of what 2021 has in store for us I say.... and what better way to do that than to put those colours into a moodboard and have a little fun.


I have totally changed it up today by using patterned paper from the Memorandum range by Pink Paislee for my starting layer instead of my usual white base. I have also used Pink Paislee - Moonstruck & Citrus Bliss-Squeeze papers to construct my paper stack.

After working on position of the photo I started to create the layers by adding a little more cardstock and stamping around this. I have used a range of old stamps in my collection and a fabulous stamp by 49 and market that I purchased a year or so ago and absolutely love it. All stamps were added using Archival black ink. The text stamp added to the pink cardstock was a Kaisercraft stamp  in my stash that worked in perfectly to the layout. I have also found some doilies with a little sparkle and also the pastels from the moodboard to help build out the layers for the photo. I have also added a few dots from a Viva Las Vegas stamp to help blend the edges of the stamping into the background.


Time to get a little messy - I have some awesome holographic minc foil that I wanted to add to the layout and found the perfect way to do that was to add it to these arrows from 2Crafty - Aztec Arrow set 1. I prepped the arrows by rolling some Minc toner stamp ink onto them - letting them dry a little and then laying the Minc foil over them before running them through the minc machine.

 




I have glued the arrows into place using Tombow glue. The fine tip is perfect to add glue to the chipboard and adhere these thin pieces to my page. I have used some Heidi Swapp glitter stickers  to the page to help tell the story. 


At the top and bottom of the page I have used Heidi Swapp washi tapes and some sticker words from my stash by Flutterbys.


 I have added a few butterflies to the page and a pink glitter scallop I created myself. I have added a black pen border to the photo and to the outer edges of the layout.




I hope you have enjoyed my process & take on this months moodboard and I look forward to your shares over at the Scrapping Clearly Share and Inspire Facebook page.


Have a fabulous weekend 


tracey x





















1 comment:

  1. Love love love it thank you for linking it back to the shop for easy shopping

    ReplyDelete