Sunday 20 December 2020

Choosing a Fave - Impossible mixed media tasks with Lisa Oxley

Howdy Bloggers, 
Lisa here with my final Scrapping Clearly blog post for the year. 
As the year draws to an end, and what a crazy year we have had,
 I usually reflect on what I have created throughout the year,
 identify key growth elements and attempt to pick some faves.
Its almost like attempting to select a favourite song, or colour!
An utterly impossible task. 

Here's just a few of my favourite pieces from the year, and why I selected them.

I like this one because it's the last piece created,
it has a rainbow colour component,
the pointed finger is a long time fave image(monty python fan here),
and its the last page in my blue Dina Wakley media journal, which means I can bust open a new one.

 the details are so sweet



 The start of the "men with wings" series.
I never used natural earthy colours, but this called for it.
Its in my "i don't give shit journal" and its made with that in mind.
men with wings.....ahhhhhhh


The left page of the below piece is a clipping from a travel journal which i have extended.
I love the flow from the white page through to the denim substrate of the DWM journal
and how I was able to continue the landscape across the page.
I want to visit this location.
Men with wings........ahhhhhh

Alcohol Inks and stamping with Stazon ink on Ceramics.
awesome effect
fun activity
cool pressie
every piece unique

Rainbows and Love Hearts
Colour
Bold and Black
Leaves and Growth
White space
typed title on scrap brown paper

When I attempt landscapes and it kind of works.
Dina Journal, awesome substrates 



Thanks so much all the wonderful creatives who join us and
 visit the Scrapping Clearly blog throughout the year... We do it just for you.
Happiest of Holidays and festive cheer to you all, may your stockings be stuffed full of creative arty supplies to inspire and spark your flow.
I'll be back next year... Bring forth a year of health and happy times.


Lisa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment