Saturday 5 December 2020

JOY by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to a new month and a fabulous new moodboard. This months inspiration has a range of lovely earthy tones & pics to gather ideas and spark off your creative flow. 

I have used a base of white cardstock and to that I have layered three different inks - Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Peeled Paint, Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Antique Linen and Prima Art Philosophy in Warm Grey using the kiss technique whereby I applied the ink to a piece of plastic and kissed it to the page. 

I've used Liquitex Modelling paste with a TCW 6inch Daisy chain stencil - once dried I outlined a few of the sections of the stencil with an ALLS pencil and a little water to help define the round shape. I added a little Dina Wakley cathedral windows from the Collage paper.  I have then added some Distress Texture paste to a Finnabair Gothic stencil in three places to help tie a few of the elements together.

 

Stamping was added at this point - I have used a couple of old stamps from my stash - Unity stamps and a swirl frame. I have also used a 13@rts birdcage stamp. I have used Archival black ink and Distress peeled paint ink.
A Scallop frame was painted with Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Red Wine paint . I worked out placement of my photo and used some Basic Grey paper and a few layers of stitching, muslin and washi tape. The scallop was placed under these elements to add a hint of red.

 

I coloured some 2Crafty Chipboard pieces with an Artline marker and glued these to the page in a triangular pattern for balance.

 

I went around the outer edge with a Fudeball and the ALLS pencil and added a little water. 
I have added Glitter Thickers for part of the title and a silver key. I added a little of the BO Bunny glitter paste in Seafoam to add a little sparkle to the page to help finish it off. It is Christmas time and definitely the time to start using your Glitter paste.



Thanks for popping in & have a fabulous weekend.


Tracey
xx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment